Monday, November 19, 2007

Its hard to believe

I know many of you reading this never thought the day would come where Lauren and Rob would be parents...well it hasn't come just yet, but we are on the threshold, the precipice, the edge! 10 days to be exact. Last Thursday I thought the day had arrived. I awoke from a nap with intense left upper quadrant pain, so bad I vomitted. (Too which my friend Erin-the anesthesiologist-says I should get my epidural early). Rob called in the midst of the vomitus, and hurried home. The whole night I was in pain. All I could think about was, is this it? Where is my mom, my sister, should I call people and wake them up? It turned out to be a false alarm and I am still holding tight.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes, truly hard to believe. I will believe it when I see it.

The Clark said...

you will be great parents. i'm so excited to see the wee babe.

Erica B said...

You DID it... with flying colors. Congratulations to you two wonderful parents with a beautiful healthy baby boy to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day... xoxox