Monday, April 14, 2008

Letting Go

Growing up is hard to do. Floyd had is 4 month vaccinations the other day. He did pretty well considering he got 4 shots. He stopped crying as soon as I picked him up. We had a little dinner party with the Cooley's and the Joneses. Rob had hopes that his boy would be able to take little Joe Cooley in a wrestling match...but he learned quickly that would not be the case. Little-big Joe (LBJ) Cooley, as he will now be called, has 4lbs on Floyd...he is one hunk of love. The two chilled together while their parents ate dinner. Little Olivia Jones was there two; Floyd and LBJ were warned to stay away from her by her daddy Josh.
I spent the weekend on call, which meant that daddy was on duty most of the weekend. We managed to have a few uninterrupted hours together as a family. We dusted off the tandem, and attached the Chariot, and went for a cruise. Floyd loved it. We rode to Cactus and Tropicals-a garden store-where Floyd checked out some pots. Dad has big landscaping plans for the backyard.


Monday morning was an emotional day for mom. Floyd and Dad seemed fine. It was Floyd's official first day of school. This is his first teacher Alisha. Rob and I took him in together this morning. Mom was fighting back the tears, and Floyd was checking out all of the news toys he was going to get to chew on.
It was so nice to have Mical at home with Floyd during the day these last few months, but alas work schedules made it a difficult arrangement to maintain. Although daycare was always our ultimate plan, these last few months were great for all of us. 

This week is going to be tough for many reasons, Floyd to daycare, mom to graveyards, daddy on call. If we make it through this week it will be free sailing.

10 comments:

MZ said...

Floyd does not look too stressed about the whole thing. He gets cuter every day.

MZB said...

Oh I have got to get my hands on that little man again soon!

CassParelli said...

It's been a long time since I've peeked in on your blog. Floyd has really grown and he is such a doll!! Very handsome!! I am truly feeling your pain with the whole daycare thing. It's really hard! I have to really work at not crying everytime I drop Thatcher off at the babysitter and head to work.
:( Good luck with that!

Leslie said...

yes, adjusting to the demands of work and family life are troubling. sorry to hear about the trauma.

and SERIOUSLY, i don't think that little boy could be any cuter! my heart melted at the picture of him in the pot! what a little sweetie!

Rasmussens said...

Hey there, I saw the pictures of your cute family and had check in. It looks life is treating you well! I would love to hear from you! If you get a chance you can email me at jeff@freedomsteel.org. Hope to hear from you soon.

The Clark said...

lil dude freaking tears up the cuteness scene! if only he was ugly...t'would be easy to leave him behind. but that boy is a heart breaker so i'm sure it breaks your heart to leave him. i love him.

The Clark said...

p.s. good luck with all the changes.

JDM said...

I would frame that picture of Floyd standing in a pot.
Seriously the look in his eyes is priceless.
I love him!

Anonymous said...

I miss the little Floydster! This week is really killing me not seeing his smile. Give him a kiss for me, and I love your blog glad I could finally get on and check it out! alisha

Anonymous said...

I miss the little Floydster! This week is really killing me not seeing his smile. Give him a kiss for me, and I love your blog glad I could finally get on and check it out! alisha