Monday, June 9, 2008

The Haps

Well Bright Horizons has been a great place for Floyd. He loves all of his buddies, and his girlfriends (Kristin, Karly, Kagari, Jennifer, and Alisha), but just as everyday the FLoydster changes and develops into a person, so does the world around him. He has a few friends move on from Bright Horizons. Kristin-pictured above- is getting married against Floyd's wishes and moving to "somewhere in middle America." We will miss her, but wish her all the best. 



Floyd is developing quite a personality. He loves to smile and beanie hats like his mom.




This last weekend was the "Little Red RidingHood" bike ride in Cache Valley. This is the third time Magan and I have done it together. This time mom came along too. Mugs and I completed 62 miles, and mom about 56.  Mom was checking out the women of various ages and sizes at the start line and she decided she could beat most of them, so she abandoned her plan for a conservative and respectable 46 miles about 20 miles into the ride! Good job mom, ya nut.


Magan got to spend some time with the Floydster. And she tried to get me to let him come home with her. Floyd loves his aunt Magan. Magan gave Floyd a little manicure while we made mix CD's of Barbara Streisand and Billy Ocean for Mugs' ride back to Boise.

I am lucky to have a sister like Magan. She is so level headed and practical. She has a very calming presence and can see the bright side in any situation. She always helps me to see the big picture, and choose my battles. She kept me from killing my husband several times over the weekend.

Floyd started off his week with a trip to the pediatrician's office for his 6 month vaccinations. He is a whopping 16 lbs!!!, or about the 50th percentile for weight. He has been dwarfed by his buddies; little big joe cooley, and olivia jones who are younger than him, but his head is about 75th percentile. So you know what that means...he is a SMARTY pants. If you notice in the first picture he is currently an "independent sitter." Yep- milestone-. Speaking of which he also tried pureed ham and gravy tonight. He seemed to like it, though I could scarcely stand the smell myself.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Lauren, how totally FREAKIN cool is it to find your little blog out there in BLOG world. Wow, who would have thought that the master Lauren would be a blogger. This is awesome. Your little dude is the cutest dang thing ever. Congrats on the bike ride. Wish I could have been there with you guys. I will check on you often.
Heather (boice) Williams

MZB said...

I cried when I had to leave that babe...

AlishaAdesign said...

um...... I miss Floydster when can I come see him? did you get my letter? I am not sure they were actually given out! email me and let me know alishajurgensmeier@gmail.com
I love that Floyd is sitting up great job Floydster!!! :)

JDM said...

How long has he been sitting? That is amazing. I am trying to get my little guys to do that but alas they resist! Any tips would be appreciated.

And I must say that I am once again impressed with your riding skills.

Grant said...

Why does He like Den mark So Much