Friday, September 21, 2007

Onesies


I am slowly trying to educate/prepair my husband for the new addition. We are starting with basic baby vocab. The "Onesie" was the latest educational endeavor. It turns out that Wikipedia was able to help me out with this.


Onesie or onesize is American English for a bodysuit for infants designed to conceal a diaper when worn. It is also called a creeper, diaper shirt or snapsuit. The British English equivalent is babygro.The shirt extends past the waist and has snaps or buttons that allow it to be closed over the crotch, with enough extra room to accommodate a diaper.They are worn commonly by very small children, incontinent persons, and infantilists.


I am sure Wikipedia will come in handy over the next few months. I know I will need tha help. I tried to find a book for Rob upon his request on becoming a dad. I ordered one for myself as part of a package deal from amazon. Being cheap, and somewhat skeptical to the utility of the book I bough one valued at $1. Turns out the book was published the year I was born, 1975. It is rather entertaining though, most likely written by a feminist who recommends a beer nightly to settle your nerves.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

hahahahahaha!
Good Luck Rob and LZ!
And the beer thing, not such a bad idea.....

Grant said...

LZ check my blog

The Clark said...

great onesie! there was a kid in my class that wore a shirt that had a handcart on it and it said the same thing "this is how we roll". pretty funny. oh ya, and i was totally in love with him.